MAMARONECK — The village has issued the following guidelines for flooded property owners whose utilities have been “red tagged” by Con Ed.
(1) A licensed electrician or plumber is needed to inspect the affected equipment before electricity or natural gas can be restored. After the affected equipment has been inspected and is determined to be safe to operate, you will need to have one of these licensed trades persons (or both if both gas and electric) file this certification letter.
(2) Once the proper documentation is filed with the Building Department (an) inspection by the Building Department can be scheduled, if required by Con Edison.
(3) Once the building department has determined that everything is in order, Con Edison will then be able to restore your electric and/or gas services.
(4) The building department can be reached at 914-777-7731 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
(5) Please be aware that any restorations of any buildings after the floods will require building permits. Please file appropriately.
(6) Proper proofs of liability and workers compensation insurance must be provided to the building department, as required by law.